I thought I’d have a little fun today and compose a list of “I” words for customer service. No particular order or significance.
• Informative: what the team needs to be
• Imagination: imagine yourself in the customers shoes
• Individual: ever customer situation
• Improvise: when the situation just can’t be resolved
• Importance: treat every customer with the utmost
• Illegitimate requests: unfortunate reality
• Inspiration: find some every day
• Ignorance: some people just won’t learn
• Immediate resolution: only the seasoned can perform
• Impression: leave a lasting one on your customer
• Ibuprofen: an unending supply on any representatives desk
• Instant gratification: what most customers expect
• Impractical requests: no, we cannot provide the winning lottery numbers
• Insane: need I say more?
• Invention: whoever came up with the customer service hot line is a genius
• Ivory tower: not your favorite customer
• Institutionalized: where former customer service reps spend their retirement
Footnote: This year I decided to go with the A-Z of Customer Service. I’ve complained too long that customer service isn’t what it should be. Tell me God doesn’t have a sense of humor. He put me in a position make a difference in what I think customer service is and should be. This month I will share with you what I’ve learned about successful customer service. Hope you enjoy the ride.