I haven’t had a good post in quite some time. Today is as good as any. Since the challenge I’ve been on a temporary hiatus. Funny how I disappear randomly for weeks, or months at a time. You faithful blog buddies are here to welcome me back time and time again. Thank you for being here.
I was nominated for the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award by my blogging buddy, Tamara. What a HOOT! I’ve always thought of myself as inspiring but never really thought anyone else did. Thank you, my friend. I really needed this little push of inspiration to get back to it.
As I mentioned I was on hiatus. I spent the months of May, June and July studying my ass off (really wish I could say I lost some of that, but I didn’t) to pass the state insurance test. YES, I passed it. It is a process and I’m not sure what is next, but the wheels are turning. A new adventure is in store for sure!
So without further ado, let’s get started.
Here are the questions Tamara has posed for me to answer. I will be as truthful as I can.
1. If you were an animal, what would you be? Well I used to think I’d like to be a dog. In fact when my sister and I were young I was always the pet dog. Funny I just remembered that. Now I think I’d rather be a cat. A cat does whatever a cat wants. But I also love zebras and they are just so perfect. I would like to be perfect.
2. In what way has this pandemic changed your perception of the world? I’d like to say that it has brought people closer together and given everyone a new sense of hope. Unfortunately it has only proven how crazy people are and not only that, but disrespectful, inconsiderate and selfish. Sure there are good people still out there, but the bad far outweigh the good.
3. Have you ever lived abroad? If not, would you consider it? Have I ever live abroad? I am a broad. Oh abroad…. Ha ha ha. In my finite mind I live abroad every single day. I work virtually with people from all over the world. It may not seem like it to others when I tell them about my job, but I get to experience different cultures from the comfort of my office on a daily basis. Would I consider living abroad? I don’t know. Never really gave it much thought until right this moment. I always wanted to go to Africa and save people, but hubby says, “NO, we are not doing that!”
4. What are your personal contributions towards reducing your carbon footprint? Okay so I feel like a dork because I really didn’t know what this question meant. I needed an example so I looked over to my smiley friend Janet. Let’s see, we live quite frugally. We don’t eat out, we prepare all of our meals at home. We shop once, maybe twice a month, we recycle everything, we compost, we garden, we preserve the fruits and we can the vegetables that we harvest. We plant trees and other flowers for the birds and bees. I’m always game for these kinds of things. Save our planet.
5. If I were to visit you in your town or city, what adventures would we experience there? Well you wouldn’t want to miss a pontoon tour of the largest purple martin roost in North America. Then there’s Riverbanks Zoo & Botanical Garden and the Columbia Fireflies minor league baseball team at Segra Park. Or right in our back yard you could pick all the figs and pecans your little heart desires. There are also grapefruit trees that are growing and many different vegetables in the garden.
That puts an end to my questions. Hopefully I will be back to chat again in the not so distant future. If you’d like to play, link your post in the comments section below.
As always with these awards, there are rules attached:
- Introduce the person who nominated you. Tamara
- Answer the questions they have asked you in their post. (see above)
- Nominate and notify a bunch of other people. Actually nine people. Which basically makes these awards modern times’ chain letters. (I feel like I can’t do this right now because I’ve been out of the loop for too long, maybe when I get back in the groove of things.)
- Give them new five questions they will have to answer.
What’s your favorite childhood toy?
If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who is it?
The mountains or the ocean for inspiration?
What’s your favorite time of day and why?
What do you want to be remembered for? What’s your legacy?
- Provide the link of the award creator of the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award ←
Thank you Tam!
Until next time,